Badge #6 Reflection

Badge #6 was about the Explorer Quotient Profiles from Destination Canada and relating it to the Tourism Kamloops target markets. The EQ Profiles break down the 9 traveller types and give some examples about what each category enjoys doing while traveling. Destination Canada has a short Buzzfeed style quiz that will determine what category a person falls into. EQ Profiles were mentioned in a lot of classes and different courses this semester. They are a helpful tool to determine what sites would be most worth a person’s time and money to visit. I plan a lot of trips for my Grandma, so I helped her do this quiz to ensure I was planning a trip catered to her likes better.

The badge quiz related to Tourism Kamloops and how their target markets are based on geographical locations. Tourism Kamloops markets to the driving tourists predominately out of the Lower Mainland. For myself the overlap between being a cultural explorer and living in the Lower Mainland would make me a good candidate to receive their advertising. Kamloops has a lot of cultural and historical sights to experience and they promote very clearly on the website.

Since the EQ Profiles are so relevant across many courses it was nice that this badge connected them to a real world example of how they are being used. Especially because it is in Kamloops  and not some far off destination it makes the assignment more enjoyable to complete.