The Weekend Getaway Reflection

We had to create a tour route somewhere in British Columbia for a certain type of cliental as a project for the semester. I actually enjoyed participating in it and wasn’t just going through the motions of trying to get the grade needed. In my free time when I don’t want to be watching Netflix or actually doing the homework I need to complete I go on Google Maps. This project was more detailed than what I normally do on google maps. When I’m looking for myself it generally starts with dropping a pin on something that I see online that looks interesting. Once I have one place picked I see how long it will take to get from my house to there. Once point A and B are chosen is when I make as many worthwhile points of interest on the map as possible. I have been doing this since grade 12 in high school and have maps and routes planned and saved for 6 out of the 7 continents. 

This summer I got to take my grandma on one of these pre-planned routes to Lake Louise, Banff, Jasper and Kamloops. Similar to the Getaway Route the one I took was also a circle like loop in order to avoid seeing the same thing twice. Reflecting on the Getaway route and comparing it to the trip I took there were some ways I could have made the route better. In the Getaway Route we had 5 points of interest and no designated hotels for guests to stay at. This was nice because generally the activities are what people remember most from a vacation anyway. The route with my grandma I booked all the accommodations ahead of time and left all excursions up to chance. One way of the other my Grandma still loved the trip and cries happy tears any time she thinks about how beautiful Lake Louise is.