Badge 2 Reflection

The second badge was about a video in the Faroe Islands. I really liked this video and at random times since completing the badge the video would pop into my head. I liked how simple the video is and that it did not look over produced. It was straight to the point showing exactly what you could experience if you go to the Faroe Islands. The two best parts of it in my opinion are that it featured a local artist and that the style of the video was as if a local just took a camera with him for a couple days showing his favourite parts of the islands. 

Promoting a local artist in the tourism video was clever because it helps reinforce the sense of community the video is showing. I appreciate this detail because after watching the video I looked Eivor up on Apple Music and have become a fan of her music. Without this tourism video I would not have become a fan of hers. The quiz we had to do regarding the video I scored low on, but it’s okay with me because I found a new destination to travel too.  In the video there is a clip of a gentleman with a weed-wacker trimming the grass on his roof. I’m not sure why this 2 second clip is what as stuck with me since the beginning of the class, but for some reason I really want to go visit a place where you have to mow the roof.